Embark on a wine pilgrimage on one of the most beautiful Slovenian wine routes. Enhance your wine culture in the company of a top sommelier and taste the fusion of Štajerska wine varieties and selected local cuisine. Learn about Štajerska winemakers and capture a magic moment of the famous heart between vineyards, one of the most beautiful vistas in Slovenia.
- January-June: every Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- all other dates by request
What does the experience include?
- Meeting a guide/sommelier in front of the Old Vine House.
- A ride to Svečina, welcome sparkling wine and taking photos by the famous heart-shape wine road.
- Wine tasting accompanied by professional insight of a wine-maker and sommelier.
- Lunch at a local provider.
- A ride to Maribor to the Vinag Wine Cellar.
- A visit to the Vinag Wine Cellar, one of the largest and oldest classical wine cellars in Europe! Presentation of wine stories, climbing into a concrete barrel and wine tasting.
- A stroll round the Maribor city centre to the Old Vine House in Lent.
- A visit to the Old Vine House and a possibility to take photos in the canopy of the oldest vine in the world. Expert tasting of the samples selected among 190 wines of the Podravje region. Making a souvenir from a cork.
- Virtual experience of the story of the World's Oldest Vine.
- for 2 persons: EUR 85,00 EUR/person
- for groups from 3-6: EUR 80,00 EUR/person
If you want to book the experience on some other dates, please write to us at Tourist Information Centre Maribor.
The Old Vine
Oldest vine in the world
Vinag Wine Cellar
Valuable selection of wine
Wine shops Old Vine House
Treasury of wines from Maribor and its surroundings
Virtual experience of the story of the World's Oldest Vine
Discover the secrets of the oldest vine in the world!