The Maribor city centre is the place of one of the largest and oldest classical wine cellars in Europe! The oldest part of the cellar spreading over 15,000 m2 and boasting 2.1 km long underground passages was built in 1847. Wooden barrels, concrete tankers, bottles with wine patina, etc. have a total capacity of 3 million litres!
The most precious particularity is definitively the wine archive where bottles of the best vintages are stored. After exploring the “Maribor underground”, visit a nice tasting room and indulge in excellent wine experience. You can also buy wines there.
Offer for Groups:
|CLASSIC PACKAGE||CLASSIC PLUS PACKAGE||PREMIUM PACKAGE*||EXTRA PREMIUM PACKAGE*|
|Guided tour of the cellar + 1 wine sample||Guided tour of the cellar + 2 wine samples||Guided tour of the cellar + 2 wine samples + cheese plate||Guided tour of the cellar + 3 wine samples + meat plate|
|10,00 EUR / person||15,00 EUR / person||20,00 EUR / person||25,00 EUR / person|
The guided tours take place in Slovene, English, French, German and Croatian languages.
*PREMIUM PACKAGE and EXTRA PREMIUM PACKAGE: the offer is carried out with a minimum number of participants of 7 people.
Prior arrangement at least 5 days in advance.
The guided tour of the wine cellar includes:
- guided tour of one of the LARGEST classical tunnel wine cellars in the centre of a town
- a walk through the tunnels of the wine cellar with a total length of 2 kilometres
- a walk among more than 144 wooden barrels
- a visit of the archive
- a tasting of Vinag’s wines
- an interesting and educational experience
- a possibility to purchase some wine after the tour and the tasting.