Visit one of the oldest wine cellars in Europe!
The Maribor city centre is the place of one of the largest and oldest classical wine cellars in Europe! The oldest part of the cellar spreading over 15,000 m2 and boasting 2.1 km long underground passages was built in 1847. Wooden barrels, concrete tankers, bottles with wine patina, etc. have a total capacity of 3 million litres!
The guided tour of the wine cellar includes:
- guided tour of one of the LARGEST classical tunnel wine cellars in the centre of a town
- a walk through the tunnels of the wine cellar with a total length of 2 kilometres
- a walk among more than 144 wooden barrels
- a visit of the archive
- a tasting of Vinag’s wines
- an interesting and educational experience
- a possibility to purchase some wine after the tour and the tasting.
- Guided tours are available in Slovenian and English language. German language by prior arrangement.
- 22-30 July, daily at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5.30 p.m.
- CLASSIC PACKAGE (Guided tour of the cellar + 2 wine sample) = 20,00 EUR per person
- CLASSIC PLUS PACKAGE (Guided tour of the cellar + 3 wine samples) = 25,00 EUR per person
The Visit and wine tasting can be booked through the reservation system or or directly at our Tourist Information Centre.
TIC Maribor, Partizanska cesta 6 a, Maribor
T: +386 2 23 46 611
EYOF 2023 Maribor - The numerous interesting events of the diverse accompanying programme of the festival will provide relaxed and pleasant socialising and a unique experience of the city.