Maribor among the TOP 3 European Destinations for 2023!

Maribor beat out plenty of competition to take 3rd place on the list of top European destinations in 2023, and it also took home the prize for top culinary destination.

After 21 days of voting among 21 European cities, the capital of Štajerska gathered more than 68,600 votes to beat out well-renowned tourist behemoths like Vienna, London, Coppenhagen, and Prague, as well as culinary destinations like Rome, Porto, and Paris.

The title of Best European Destination went to Warsaw, with Athens coming in second. The European tourist wesite with the most traffic, namely, attracted a total of 686,244 votes from 178 countries. European voters contributed 48% of the votes, with the other 52% coming from elsewhere. Maribor drew the most support from Great Britain (28% of votes), the USA (13%), Germany (11%), Austria (9%), France (6%), and Italy (5.4%). 

A look at publications abroad

The announcement of the winning cities was soon followed by an intense flurry of international promotion for European Best Destinations, including prestigious media such as Forbes USA, Condé Nast Travelers, National Geographic, Corriere Viaggi, Yahoo, and Geo. The European Best Destinations platform can potentially reach more than 400 million travelers and interest group representatives, with an estimated market value of over 1.6 million euros.

TOP European Best Destionation!