The Slovenian Mountain Trail is the oldest and most diverse connecting mountain trail in Slovenia. The trail is 500 kilometres long and leads from Maribor all the way to the Slovenian coast in Ankaran.
Take city bus no. 6 from the main bus station to Zgornje Radvanje to the end stop. After that we take the Cable car to the top of the hill (1040 m).
Pohorje path timeline:
- Pohorska vzpenjača lower station (328 m) – St. Bolfenk (1040 m) = 1,5 h (without the chairlift)
- St. Bolfenk (1040 m) - Mariborska koča lodge (1068 m) = 1 h
- Mariborska koča lodge (1068 m) - Ruška koča lodge (1246 m) = 1 h
- Ruška koča lodge (1246 m) – Šumik waterfall = 2 h
- Šumik waterfall –Trije kralji (1181 m) = 2 h
- Trije kralji (1181 m) – Črno jezero lake (1197 m) – Osankarica (1193 m) = 1 h 15 min
- Osankarica (1193 m) – Koča na Pesku lodge (1386 m) = 2,5 h
- Koča na Pesku lodge (1386 m) - Lovrenška jezera lakes (1529 m) - Ribniška koča lodge(1507 m) = 3 h
- Ribniška koča lodge(1507 m) - Grmovšek lodge under Velika Kopa (1377 m) = 1,5 h
- Grmovšek lodge under Velika Kopa (1377 m) - Partizan lodge (1443 m) = 1 h
- Partizan lodge(1443 m) - Lodge under Kremžar vrh (1102 m) = 1,5 h
- Lodge under Kremžar vrh(1102 m) – Slovenj Gradec (410 m) = 1,5 h
How to get to Pohorje?
Visit the beautiful Pohorje! Be it by a free bus for bikers or the famous Pohorje cable car, on foot or by bike.
- Path type: hiking trail
- Distance: 60.5 km
- Altitude difference: 2190 m
- Starting point: Maribor -> Slovenj Gradec
- Duration: 2 days
- Difficulty: medium demanding
- Google Earth KML file
- GPX file
Church St. Bolfenk
St. Bolfenk on Pohorje is an attractive small church,...
Primeval Forest with Veliki Šumik and Mali Šumik Waterfalls
In an unspoiled primeval forest
Ruška Koča Hut
Modern mountain hut
Lake Črno Jezero
Located in a protected forest reserve
Lakes Lovrenška Jezera
One of the most inviting natural sights of Pohorje
Lake Ribniško Jezero
A lake with six smaller marshy lakes